Taonga--Rin Oyama


In my essay, I will explain what Taonga means and share an example sentence in which Tanga is used. After that, I also show a reason I find it interesting.

Taonga means property, goods, possession, effects, object. So, people will say that 'Well done. You discussed how important the conservation of the body of water is in front of audience. I'm with you, I'm sure that it is vital for us to consider of our Taonga.' I like this word because the articul say that it is difficult to translate directly in English, so people should change the meanning of Taonga through contexts. This feature is similar to Japanese words. Both of them is in the high contexts word, so Japanese people can become more familiar with Maori Language, I bet. That is why I am interested in Taonga.

Thank you for reading!!





Comments

  1. I didn't know this word. Your essay is easy for me to understand the meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to have a similar feature with Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of Taonga before. I think Japanese people can become more familiar with Māori language too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like Taonga too! It's a ambiguous word, but It's like dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve never heard this word even though I learned Māori in last term. I wanna use this word from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's interesting that Taonga's meaning change depends on context.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your essay is so interesting for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really interesiting word, isn't it? I like your opinion that Japanese people can become more familiar with Maori Language!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sound That Affects Me -- Kazuki Hashimoto

The strongest animal in the animal world ---Haruka Ikegami--

Alternative Medicine? -- Brian (Chulgyu) Ku