Taihoa--- Mone Muto

 I chose taihoa which means please wait a while or delay. The reason why I chose this word is that I thought I have used this word more often than other words on the list.  I’ve never met this word in daily life, but you would see it when you are in a train station. Although Dunedin doesn’t have a train, there is a train station here, so please go there and check if there is an announcement of delay or not. In addition to that, we can use it to ask our friends to give us a moment. For example, please taihoa, I’ll get there in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Comments

  1. That's very useful word!! Thank you for teaching me. I will use it a lot because I am aways late^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too(^^γ‚ž I can't get meeting spot on time, so I think we are real Kiwi in aspect of time!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Please use it if you can't come to class on time!!!!!

      Delete
  3. It's fun that how you chose this word lol
    I might be able to watch this word at air port too! When I go to these kinds of places, I will be keeping a close watch on "Taihoa".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea that you use Maori language 'Taihoa' in the daily chats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are smart, so let's learn Maori lauguage before we go back to Japan!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard this word!!
    I'm looking forward to listening this word from you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always hear this from me, because I'm really lazyπŸ‘ Don't wrry!

      Delete
  6. It's really difficult for me to pronunce, so please teach me how to pronunce correctly!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but in Japanese, γŸγ„γ»γ‚

      Delete
  7. I will use this word when I am late for a meeting from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder why I didn’t know this word, because I’m often late.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sound That Affects Me -- Kazuki Hashimoto

The strongest animal in the animal world ---Haruka Ikegami--

Alternative Medicine? -- Brian (Chulgyu) Ku