Kia kaha -- Yutsuki Minoura

 

    Kia kaha is a Māori phrase used by the people of New Zealand as an affirmation, meaning stay strong. The phrase has significant meaning for Māori. When the 6.3 magnitude earthquake hit the Christchurch on 22 February 2011, Kia kaha became the iconic phrase used by family and friends supporting the city in their time of need.

    I used this phrase in a previous class with classmates who were going back to Japan first. I am interested in this word because I like this word meaning to be brave!!🔥🔥





Comments

  1. I like this word too!! This meaning is very wonderful. Even when I go back to Japan, I'll remember that word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story about the earthquake is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I use “Kia kaha”, I remember our previous class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kjesten always used this word. When my sandwich which I made for the lunch was moldy, she said I have to be Kiakaha, and tell my mother that bread had been moldy!!! It's very nostalgic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story about your previous class is so nice:)
    I have heard Kia kaha in the Disney movie "COCO REO MAORI"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Kjesten gave us this phrase frequently. I significantly feel cheerfully and brave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already like this word because you are good at telling the story beautifully!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to use that phrase when someone has negative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sound That Affects Me -- Kazuki Hashimoto

The strongest animal in the animal world ---Haruka Ikegami--

Alternative Medicine? -- Brian (Chulgyu) Ku