Haka--Keita Adachi

Haka are ceremonial dances in Māori culture. They are performed by a group. Their purposes are to welcome guests, acknowledge great achievements, and so on. New Zealand's national sports teams perform them before international matches to challenge opponents. For example, All Blacks, New Zealand's men's national rugby team began to perform Haka in 1905. Now, All Blacks performs two types of Haka named Ka Mate and Kapa O Pango. And Black Ferns, New Zealand's women's national rugby team performs Haka named Ko Uhia Mai.

Comments

  1. I didn't know there are different name of Māori dance between men and women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that All Blacks performs two types of Haka now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kapa O Pango is performed only before special matches for All Blacks!

      Delete
  3. Haka is cool! I want to see the All Blacks Haka someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to dance it when I belonged to rugby club in high school :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really love rugby!!!!!!!! I'd like to see woman's dance before I go back to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know the purpose of Haka!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sound That Affects Me -- Kazuki Hashimoto

The strongest animal in the animal world ---Haruka Ikegami--

Alternative Medicine? -- Brian (Chulgyu) Ku